Date: June 3rd-6th 2011
Includes GAME 2:
- Another random game, but this was one of Ken's own games, that he played with his son, Jonny.
The focus remained the same: understanding Control of the Center ...
Date: June 7th-July 6th 2011
Includes Game 3:
- The plan here was that Ken and I would both share the same army (White) against Fritz 12 @ Level 5 (Black). With Ken in Canada and myself in a pokey little room in England, we'd play 'correspondence style'
- "Ken's Major Digression", a set of 7 Patterns to KNOW off-by-heart, to help you determine who Controls any given Square.
Date: July 7th-September 19th 2011
Includes Game 4: The plan here was pretty much the same as Game 3, except this time I was interested to see how we'd cope if we unleashed Fritz 12 at its highest strength setting (Level 50, Optimum Strength).
Also includes additional lessons from Ken Wilsdon:
- "How to Develop a Plan";
- "Ken's 2-Point Principle for Assessing Moves";
- "Ken's explanation of Bent Larsen's 8-Point Method for Assessing Moves".